Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm at a loss for a clever title.

Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, as this is a blog dedicated to make up and all, but I really don't like wearing foundation. I think it stems from my adolescence when wearing foundation was sort of a losing battle; I could never fully cover my acne ridden skin and the stuff I was wearing clogged my pores to the point that my skin never got a chance to clear up.

Luckily, great strides have been made in the foundation arena and I no longer feel the need to use a putty knife when applying the stuff. I still prefer to go without, or with very little, but we all need help from time to time.

I was headed for a nice dinner with friends after work one day, and I hadn't brought any makeup with me at all. I stopped off at a Long's Drugs in a desperate search for a bit of cover up. I was really pleased with Physicians Formula: Le Velvet Film Makeup and Le Velvet Compact Mirror.

These two items are sold separately, but the makeup is about $5 and the compact is under $4 (and you only need to buy the compact once) so it's still cheaper than so many foundations out there.

This product is aptly named, because it really does feel as soft as velvet on your skin. It covers any and all skin imperfections and never feels cakey. Honestly, you forget that you're even wearing anything at all. Oh, and it lasts ALL DAY. It's my all time favorite foundation, but I've only managed to find it at one effing store. Target and Wal Mart carry the brand, but not this particular product. C'mon guys, don't break my heart like that.

I like the current trend to use a mineral poweder as a foundation. I'm in love with the Bare Minerals product line, but that ish is expensive. I mostly just "borrow" my sister's. Luckily for my wallet (and my sister's make up supply), plenty of companies have released their own, affordable, versions. I'm a fan of the Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation


(As a side note, why does every product have such a long name. I mean 7 words to basically say "mineral face powder?" eesh.)
This powder goes on nice and light and covers a good deal of skin imperfections. It doesn't cover EVERYTHING like the Bare Minerals does, but it's only about $10. Again, doesn't make you feel like you're in stage makeup and leaves your skin to breathe. If you keep an eye out, you can find this product along with a "free gift" like a concealer or a mascara or somesuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment